Effective: January 1, 2019
When we refer to "Qlip.io", we mean the entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the "Identifying the Data Controller and Processor" section below.
Information We Collect And Receive
Qlip.io may collect and receive User Data and other information and data ("Other Information") in a variety of ways:
User Data. Users routinely submit Customer Data to Qlip.io when using the Services.
Other Information. Qlip.io also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Account Information. To create or update an account, you supply Qlip.io with an email address, password, and/or similar account details. In addition, Users that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Qlip.io (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Services Metadata. When a User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way User work.
- Log Data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device Information. Qlip.io collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Additional Information Provided to Qlip.io. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Qlip.io.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any User Data or Other Information (collectively, "Information"). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
User Data will be used by Qlip.io in accordance with User's instructions, User's use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Qlip.io is a processor of User Data and User is the controller.
Qlip.io uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Qlip.io uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at a User's request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Qlip.io tries to make the Services as useful as possible for Users.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Qlip.io may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Qlip.io may share and disclose Information. Users determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Qlip.io does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- User's Instructions. Qlip.io will solely share and disclose User Data in accordance with a User's instructions, User's use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When a User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Users when data is shared between Users.
- User Access. Users acting as administrators of groups may be able to access, modify or restrict access to User Data.
- During a Change to Qlip's Business. If Qlip.io engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Qlip's assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Qlip.io, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Qlip.io may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Qlip.io takes security of data very seriously. Two-factor authentication via email is used for account sign in. User Data is hashed or encrypted in our databases whenever possible.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Qlip.io does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old or located outside the United States of America. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 or is located outside the United States of America has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the "controller" and "processor" of information. In general, User is the controller of User Data. In general, Qlip.io is the processor of User Data and the controller of Other Information.